What to expect from Fresh Track Workshops .....
- Understanding the set up of equipment. Maintenance and care. Basic health and safety.
- Understanding of controls, functions and layouts of CD decks, mixer (and turntables if appropriate)
- What a DJ needs in order to do a good job. ie Organisation, preparation, time keeping, musical knowledge, how to read a crowd, positive attitude, dealing with people etc.
- Set structure. ie set openers, set closers, BPMs, genres, warm up sets, wind down sets, peak time sets etc
- Different DJ techniques ie basic mixing, blending, fading, rewinds, emergency stops, wind downs etc
- Advanced skills (if appropriate) ie beat matching, scratching, using turntables, vinyl etc.
All this may lead to ...
- potential DJ'ing opportunities in other "learning disabled clubs" or more.
- increased confidence and self esteem
- a greater sense of well being and fulfilment